nclagrimas

nclagrimas

“A word after a word after a word is power.” --Margaret Atwood

Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - 'John Green',  'David Levithan' I started reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson back in November last year, and got about ten pages in when I realized that ebook reading is hurting my eyes. I was forced to put it down, and wait for some cash to roll by so I could get myself a printed copy. The cash never came, but a really good friend bought herself this book. And, ta-da. Borrowed. That's what friends are for.

Now, about the book. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I'm naturally predisposed to liking everything John Green does. With WGWG, he has reached a new level of high in my eyes. I've never heard of David Levithan before WGWG, which, I guess, is a personal shame. The two alternating points of view are seamless. The characters are real and believable and convincing and, honest-to-God, amazing. The plot itself is original; it's one of those plots where nothing big ever seems to happen but at the end leaves your mind totally blown. I admit that I do not understand the LGBT community; all I know about homosexuals is what society thinks of them. WGWG helped me learn a little more. And for that, I am thankful.